Monday, February 9, 2015

Week #11 "Tons and tons of walking"


(Working hard. Ja,ja,ja. You can also see my bed in the back ground)

Hey momma!
This week has been really hard. Tons and tons of walking and walking with not much results. Our area is probably one of the Hardest in the mission. It hasn't had a baptism in like a year and a half and there hasn't been a bishop for a while and our ward mission leader is inactive and there is no ward council. Yeah so we actually have 2 progressing investigators but neither of them were at church on sunday. We had ward conference this Sunday and it was crazy. We finally got a Bishop and he is a really cool guy. Everyone knew that it would be him, and turns out that all of his brothers and sisters arent members or his parents but they came to support him. Well we had an answer to a prayer because we really need church attendance in this area and we ended up having 8 investigators in church because of his family and that's absolutely unheard of for this area. But this area might be closed soon I heard rumers that Pres. Rdz. might be closing it. But we are so totally going to change that in the next change we are expecting 2 baptisms or more. 

Haha mom I know all about hot Februarys... it's pretty toasty down here! I'm already dying and the people tell me that I'm going to die. hahah thanks.

I don't know Elder Townsend but I hear a lot about him from Elder Garcia. He is in the area that is right next to mine in Guadalupe but it is in another stake (Area) so I dont know him. 

I never did get the Christmas Card but you are more than welcome to keep trying ^^^^^jajajaja

By the way look up the story of "Guadalupe" (catholic in mexico) its actually a pretty funny story. 

Oh and mom I'm doing so great I love everyone here and our first changes are coming. It's going to be so hard to have to say goodbye to all of these people that I love. Especially the other Elders in our District. Elder Evans, my brother in generation, is in our district and He is so funny if we get seperated it will be really hard. He is the only one of my brothers in the Monclova Stake. 
I don't need anything like in a package for now, I will be sure to let you know as soon as I do. 

Love you!

-Elder Stockman 

(By the way I have no idea what he's talking about "brother in generation". Maybe he was talking about in the Mexico MTC) 

Sunset view from our apartment.
Dad,

Hola padre. whats up. hahaha

I'm glad to hear that Zach is still crackin one liners. I sure miss you guys but hey can you believe that I already have 3 months. 
Only 21 to go! haha

Dad I love you so much and thanks for all of you example that you are to me. You and Mom will never know how much it means to me. I've heard so many horror stories of missionarys and I promise you I will represent the Family name well, but more importantly I will represent Jesus Christ. 

I'm so happy that Zach will get the Priesthood on my Bday that will be crazy wierd. But super special. 
If you see Elder Schaefermeyer again tell him that I love him and give him a hug for me. 
Your the best dad. Love you!!!!

-Elder Stockman


No comments:

Post a Comment