Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Week #68- "I have a way of Jinxing things lol. "

At the cibar doing out e-mail. 

Hey momma!
Happy 25th anniversary. Thats awesome that you guys have been together for such a long time, and the years to come. 

So I got home on Friday super early in the morning from my trip to Saltillo. Everything is good here. It has been raining here a lot in Coahuila in general. We actually got home and we were super tired. We opened the front door and I told my companion that it was a good thing that the House didnt flood. and then he walked into the bedroom and started to freak out. Turns out that I have a certian talent for jinxing it. haha. The bedroom was flooded, but we think we found the problem and everything should in theory be ready for the next time that it rains. we were to tired to clean it up so we just went to bed. haha. Next morning we got a little dust pan, a bucket, and a mop and cleaned it up. haha thought that I had gotten away with it. 

We have been having a lot of success here in the area, my companion is super cool and I have been able to learn a lot from him. he is also super funny, we get along pretty well. 

So this week it was funny because I wanted some Mtn Dew and so I told Elder Wiedmeier to hook me up, he said that it would be ok if I brought him a Gringa from Gingas Davi's. haha because he was here in Acuña and he missed it. Good news is that I got some more mtn dew.
Anyways Im here in Acuña loving life still. Its a really good area and I love it here.

have a great week!
love you
-Elder Stockman

Hey Dad, 
Still here in Acuña haha, loving life here its probably the best part of the mission. 
So this week we came back from Saltillo to see that our house was flooded, haha, We had to clean it up with a dustpan, a bucket, and a broom.
So we got lucky because the house that we are in has a washing machine, however we have to hang the cloths to dry, but the funny thing is that the cloths lines run straight throught the middle of the house, its always super humid in the house, haha actually my companion just had to get rid of some cloths because he forgot about them being wadded up wet and there was a bunch of mold haha. 

The members give us food everyday, and when they bail we just go to Gringas Davi's. Its a less active member that owns the gringa shop and he tells us to come all the time. Its super good food too. I feel like Im spoiled here because of that. But at the same time, there is absolutely nothing here in Acuña haha. But I love it. Part of our zone is a little town called Zaragoza. The Elders there baptise in a river or a pond usually. They say that they go grocery shopping in a corner store because there is no grocery store there. That pueblo is 2 hours away by bus. 

I feel wierd here sometimes besause I feel like im out in the Boonies, but there are a lot of modern people with a realy modern attitude. Probably because we are so close to the USA. 

Anyways I hope that you have a good week!
-Elder Stockman



No comments:

Post a Comment