Monday, March 16, 2015

Week #16 - The Selfie King


Self proclaimed "Selfie King"

"I'm on the right track baby I was born that way, I'm still me." (what every he is trying to say. LOL)

Momma,
Thanks mom for sharing that awesome story of prayer with me. I have been praying for him that he will have the courage to pray as well. I also have a testimony of prayer that it works. God is there and he listenes. We have been having a really rough time this last couple of weeks basically begging and pleading our investigators to come to church. We havn't had an investigator in the church for like a month and they can't be baptized unless they assist 5 times. That's the way it is in Mexico a ton of stuff is different here then other missions. Every single mission is different, Every single Zone is different, Every single area is different, and every single person is different. But yet that's why the Holy Ghost is so crucial. God knows us perfectly, every thought, sin, burden, skill, talent, or personality trait. I know that President Rodriguez recieves revelation for this mission and I know that President Thomas S. Monson is Gods chosen servant today to recieve revelation for the whole world. We have to teach people not lessons and that is the hardest thing is being able to listen and ask inspired questions as the spirit directs. I love the Holy Ghost, when we are baptized by fire, our baptism by water beomes valid. I havnt really ever thought of it that way. But the baptism by water is just a preperation to recieve the oh so important gift of the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost is what helps us stay on the path and endure to the end. 

Inviting People to come unto Christ every day has changed me. I feel more of the Savior´s love becuase I'm helping others feel it. I have had tons of experience when I just open my mouth having faith that the Lord will fill it. This week we were talking to a lady and I didn't really understand how to help her with quite a severe problem. But I just listened. I then shared a scriptere that I didn't quite know why I should share and testified to her in her native tounge of spanish. Honestly I dont even have a clue what the heck I said to her is was the wierdest thing but I know that she understood me and after Elder Garcia asked me where the heck that kind of spanish came from all of a sudden. 

It's the absolutely wierdest thing to be able to understand a foreign language and then be able to communicate. hahahaha Im actually having to translate phrases from spanish to english in my head. 

Anyways I'm doing great and like I said I'm finally starting to get the hang of Spanish but I still have such a long ways to go! love you sooo much

-Elder Stockman
Dad, 
Happy happy aniversiary! hahaha you guys are old. 

That's crazy that Zach Batty is the new bishop but I have to say I saw that one coming eventually haha. Tell bishop Taylor that I love him and that really I am eternally gratefull for him and his help. 

haha I can't wait to hear about the play tell Zach to break a leg.

Dad I just wanted to take the time to thank you for who you are and what you have always done for me. It's the hardest thing I have ever done is being away from you guys and it's only just begun.

Pues, yo se que vive mi Señor, yo se también que Dios existe y que realmente el es nuestro amoroso Padre Celestial. Su plan es perfecto, y nos brinda la paz y tranquilidad que todos necesitamos para vivir un día mas. Yo se que Dios siempre nos contestara. Tenemos que estudiar las santas escrituras cada día para poder a superar Satanás y sus esfuerzos. Nuestro bienestar espiritual depende totalmente en los mandamientos. Se que este obra es muy especial, es un mandamiento también. Presidente Heber J. Grant básicamente dijo que no debemos estar en la presencia de nuestro Padre Celestial si no hacemos este obra. yo como wow cada miembro es un misionero. Gracias por todos y te quiero mucho 

Love- Elder Stockman 

No comments:

Post a Comment