Monday, July 20, 2015

Week #33- "I'm pretty much to tall for all beds down here"


The house we are living in. 

Cactus garden. 

Layering the meat, veggies and bacon. 

Gettin ready to cook. 

The finished product "El Pastor"

I'm pretty much to tall for all beds down here. But... There are guys worse off than me. 

"We're hitch hiking... It's totally legal down here and we were hot and tired of walking."

(edited again this week)
Hey Momma, 
Glad to hear from you this week! I have been thinking a lot about you guys and Miss you a lot. I wish I could say that I don't miss you but that would be a lie right now. I don't know I'm just in a mood right now. There have definately been times where I completely forget about home and then when something reminds me of home I'm like... oh yeah home. 
The truth is this change has gone by super super fast. I'm ok I really am luckily this change has gone by really fast. Whew it has definately been a learning experience. 
We are really struggling to get investigators to go to church they seem super excited to go to church and then Sunday comes along and something happens ( El Diablo ) and they don't come. I also recieved a phone call from Elder Johnson today who is still in this Zone. He needed to ask me a question about something and I used it as an opporotunity to ask him about Isaac and he said that He isn't doing to well. He has started to drink again and he hasn't been going to church very much. It's kind of been a dificult week but I know it's just a phase. I can't have a perfect 100 percent happy mission because then I wouldn't learn anything. 
On the bright side we have a Zone conference this week and we will be joining the three zones in Saltillo because Elder Pieper of the seventy will be visiting us. That should be really cool to be able to meet him!
Please send me a picture of the deck I would like to see how it turned out! thanks momma and have a great week!
-Elder Stockman 

Dad,
That's cool to hear that President Wilkinson is home kind of crazy. Those mission presidents are some pretty spiritual men. Every time I see President Rodriguez I feel like he sees my sins haha probably because he does!
I'm sure he has some pretty cool stories to tell too aswell as President Wilkinson.
Can't believe that Quinn is leaving and JR next week that is so crazy!!!
would you do me a favor and tell me what the letter from President Rdz says. I would like to get in on that secret.
The Spanish is good I don't have any problems with it now. Obviously its not perfect but at this point I worry for my English! haha
this week we were in the house of a less active member and he was super excited. He told us that the Elder that baptized him was in Monterrey and that he was going to come to Saltillo and visit him. He was baptized about 2 years ago by Elder Austin Watts from American Fork. He was talking about him when all of a sudden guess who walked in... Austin Watts man that was a super duper cool experience and you could see the hermano's countenance change! But the coolest part of all od this is that he was accompanied by his Father. The Hermano told me to tell the dad of Elder Watts some stuff and some pretty big
thank you's and testimonies and how great his son was. Everyone was crying it was a super cool experience that had me thinking that I would like do the same with you when I get back. And then I would like to take you to Bolivia. I have determined that we are going to do it Dad we could go to the Temple in Bolivia how cool would that be. Anyways Love you and thanks for being my Dad. I'm sure mom will tell you that I have been having a little bit of a hard time but I'm ok I promise! keep me in your prayers! love
-Elder Stockman

(Letter from Elder Stockman's Mission President)

"Dear Stockman Family:

It is my pleasure to inform you of a recent leadership assignment given to your son, Elder Stockman. He has been assigned to serve as a district leader in the Mexico Saltillo Mission.  Elder Stockman has demonstrated fine leadership qualities and a strong testimony of his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

 

A district leader sets an example for the missionaries in his district through his study of the scriptures and the gospel, obedience, hard work, proselyting skills, and other aspects of missionary work.  He carries a full proselyting load in his assigned area and strives to baptize weekly.  He supervises, teaches, and inspires the missionaries during district meetings and companion exchanges.  He also interviews baptismal candidates. He practices Christ like love, looking after the well-being of missionaries in his district.  He demonstrates effective planning, and teaches how to work with local priesthood leaders and members.  He also follows up with the missionaries, holding them accountable for their efforts.  We depend on our district leaders to motivate the other missionaries and to be good examples, setting their own goals higher and “going the extra mile.”  A conscientious and hard-working district leader has an immense impact on the entire zone, in fact it has been said that the success of a mission depends on its district leaders.

 

Sister Rodriguez and I appreciate Elder Stockman, for his efforts to carry forward the work of the Lord in this new assignment.   We express our appreciation to you for having raised such a fine young man.  One who loves the gospel, loves the Lord, and serves him with all of his heart, might, mind and strength.  It has been my pleasure to get to know him and to work with him in this great and important work of the latter days.

 

May the Lord bless you while your son is away serving in this marvelous work.

Sincerely,


Pdte. L. Fernando Rodríguez Trejo

Mexico Saltillo Mission



No comments:

Post a Comment