Sunday, September 6, 2015

Week #40- A Unicorn!!


What!!

​Dead unicorn Piñata hahaa and me killing it with a pen.

Scary doll head I
 found in a construction site.

It's an alley way that we always take in my area its like a short cut.


Hey momma!
I'm doing super great!
We have actually been able to have a pretty good number of new investigators. It was a test of our diligence but now we have been able to find a lot of people who are more willing to listen.
We get fed every day but Monday. This week one of the members canceled on us and just gave us money to go and buy something. But they are more on top of it then the members in Monclova hahaha. The people here in Saltillo are actually a lot more closed. It's a bigger city and almost everyone works in the factories for car companies. Almost everyone here works for Chrystler, Whirlpool, or General Electric. 
Transferes will be on the 15th of September in 2 weeks. We have 6 week transferes and right now we are just starting week 5 of the transfer. I sure hope that I have the opporotunity to work closer to President. That would be pretty awesome haha. I don't know if that will ever happen though who knows. President already has the transferes done. He knows and has it all ready from like the first or second week of the transfer. It is all done through revelation. He and his assistants are constantly praying and fasting and then the last couple of days of the transfer he makes last minute changes. Elder Monterroso who was an assistant is in my district right now, he is training and he has told me a lot of stuff that they do. 

Elder Vasquez and I are doing excellent. We have both been praying that we can stay together another transfer that would be excellent. 
He leaves 6 weeks after I do. We were in the CCM together but he goes home after I do because they were they less timeso their time there doesnt count. 
He is from Oaxaca, Oaxaca the capital city. He is always talking about the cheese from there evidently it is super mind blowing. It's like the Tillamook of Mexico. He speaks one word in English and its NO, haha it's the same in english and spanish. No yeah he is trying to learn and I am trying to teach him but I don't like teaching him because I would rather be speaking spanish hahah. No but I am helping him we have an hour each morning to study language. The ward is going through a lot of changes right now. My first week here they released the Bishop because he moved to Mexico. But they are still trying to fill the organizations. We just got a ward mission leader and he is pretty cool. He always gives us a lot of food. He has only been married 7 months and he came back from his mission like 3 years ago. 

But I am doing super good right now and I am super happy! Love you guys and I hope that you have a great week!
-Love Elder Stockman

PS: I saw some sort of technological thing and it freaked me out. The world is changing super fast and when I get home I will be in for a surprise hahaha love you

Dad,
Haha why are you torturing yourselves. I tell you what has really helped me lose serious weight and that is being a fulltime servant of the Lord. Walking and walking and walking and walking. Oh and did I mention walking hahaha
I have a question for you dad. Would you sell your soul for a dunford donut. haha that reminded me of the conference talk that the guy said he passed off as an 11 year old when he was really 12 just so that he could have more chocolates when he went to the movie theater. Don't worry I know what you meant. 
Tell Zach that I really appreciate that he is thinking about me and that the Lord will bless him if he keeps paying a full tithing. Tell him to prepare himself because according to him when I get home he is going to clean my clock. haha love that guy!
I miss the Temple but hopefully I will be able to go in 11 months with my converts from Monclova.
They also just told us that we will be able to go to the rededication of the Mexico City Temple. They will be having a broadcast here in the Stake Center in 2 weeks super excited for that. 
I have been studying the Book of Mormon in depth and I have been able to find some really great stuff. I love the scriptures. 
I have been able to have a lot more spiritual experiences this week. I have been fasting and praying a ton to be able to have a stronger spiritual influence and to be able to help the investigatores feel of that spirit. We have been able to feel that influence in our lives a lot stronger and literally felt guided to certian people who have clearly been prepared by the Lord. People that have asked us how did you know to come here and Knock on my door, in a moment when they had felt totally forgotten the Lord showed them his guiding light. I love that and it literally never gets old. I absolutely am a fan of missionary work. My testimony is so strong that I have been thinking about all of the opporotunities lost before my mission. But I have made promises and covenants with the Lord that I will never close my mouth. Look at Mosiah 18: 8-9 it says...
 "  And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light;

 Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life—"

Te amo papi y ruego al Padre que les bendiga mucho. Cuídate mucho y se valiente.

No comments:

Post a Comment