Monday, May 2, 2016

Week #75- and 3/4 of the way into my mission.

Look mom.. You wanted a picture with my face in it, here I am. ;)

My companion in the font. Ha,ha.
Baptism of Kevin and his sister who is 8.

Whoa! the family is so different!
I think that will be the hardest thing is to get used to all of the immediate differences. I kind of thought that a lot of things would be different but I never thought to this degree. Everybody is so dang tall.

Sorry that I didnt send pictures its because a dang virus entered my camera, but luckily Elder Domiciano is good with computers and he helped me recover the pictures that had been lost. 

The Mothers Day skype will be this Sunday at 6:00 my time. 
Im super excited to talk to you guys for the last time... ahhh im going to cry. I cant believe that people I know are starting to go home that means that my time is getting closer. 

I love Mexico so much. This last week We were walking in this ocasion Elder Domiciano was on Divisions and so it was just me and Elder Villeda. We were walking down the street and this guy talks to us in english. he was a really tattood guy and he had his shirt off. His chest is all tattooed up, but he looked like he was just trying to annoy us. We were kind of trying to get away from him when he started to ask us a bunch of questions about where we were from and stuff like that. So then we got closer and ended up giving him a book of mormon and he said that he would read it. We invited him to pray and he said a really great prayer that totally came from his heart. In the prayer I specifically remember him asking God to help him find a job. I then told him that if he would make the sacrifice to come to church on Sunday he would recieve an answer to his prayer. He went to church, and said he really liked it. After the services the bishop came up and was talking to him and he offered him a job out of the blue. You could literally see it in his face the moment that he realized that God had heard him. It was one of the coolest moments in my mission because he still has a lot to change but he is ready and willing. His name is Alexis and he is actually going to be joining us in playing some basketball today. haha

I love you and I will see you on Sunday
-Elder Stockman


Hey So the mothers day call will be this Sunday at 6:00 my time here in Coahuila. who knows what time in Utah i lost track of that, however i trust that you can figure that out.

Yeah there are a lot of places like that here in Mexico in the more touristy parts its really nice but right behind it its super bad. 

I can definatly say that I have met some pretty interesting characters here in the mission.
So what happened is that A dang virus entered my camera and wiped the memory of my entire mission, luckily Elder Domiciano is good with computers and he helped me recover the images. They are just hidden. So I switched memories and now I have some pictures to send. Sorry about that. 

We are doing really well here in the Trio. I love it here in Ramos. Right now its pretty moderate outside and its actually kind of brisky. 

We had a baptism this week of Kevin. His parents are less active members and havnt really been on the ball. So what happened is that his  dad didnt bring him to church on Sunday and so he didnt get confirmed. he will get confirmed this weekend I am going to make sure that it happens. The work is pressing on. We have a lot of people in teaching but the hard part is as always getting them to keep their word and actually go to church on Sunday.

But im super excited to speak with you guys on Sunday. I hope that everyone can be there, love you and see you this weekend.
-Elder Stockman

No comments:

Post a Comment