Monday, August 8, 2016

Week- #87 The Elders got new wheels.


Elder Stockman pushing Elder Ogden. 

Hey Momma!
So this week I have pretty much been bed ridden with my companion, It has been extremely boring. I have made a lot of progress on my Book of Mormon study. Actually in Heleman right now. 
I have been doing as many divisions with Elders from the zone or with members as I can to be able to keep the area strong, but in the morning and in the evening I am with my companion with his foot elevated. I never realized how much it sucks to have an ingrown toenail. God has really blessed me to not have that problem. I really do feel bad for the guy. 
August is really hot down here in Mexico. It is even more hot when you are pushing around your companion in the blazing heat in a wheelchair that weighs like 40 lbs. 
But its a really great experience to serve. I think that It was a necessary challenge to be able to learn and grow. he still has until Saturday when he gets the stitches out of his nail. haha
We area really hoping to have a baptism of Brisa this weekend. Her sister is a recent convert in the ward. If it doesnt happen this week then it will happen the next. We also have the leadership counsil on thursday and next week Elder Valenzuela from the area presidency will be coming on a mision tour here to meet us and to teach us. 
I love you and hope that you have a great week!
-Elder Stockman


Hey Dad!
So this week was pretty much uneventful, I was with my companion a lot of the time in the house, I had no idea how serious of a deal the whole ingrown toenail thing was, but he has been out for a week, and will be out until Saturday
I have pretty much been doing divisions with Elders from the zone or with members to have the most working time that I can. It has been quite the learning experience. I just gets really boring when you are in the house with nothing to do especially as a missionary. Because we can do even less. haha
I will be having an interview with President this week or the next to get my temple recommend up to date. It expires at the end of this month. Dont want that to expire. even though I cant go to the temple, its always important to have the recommend up to date and active. 
We are really hoping to have a baptism this weekend, it would really be a huge blessing from the Lord. If it doesnt happen this week it will happen the next. So this is the last week of the transfer and we are going to work hard up until the very last day. 
love you
-Elder Stockman


No comments:

Post a Comment