Monday, January 12, 2015

Week 7- I have never been so cold in my life.

Mom! I'm alive! hahaha
first things first I`m in Monclova,Tecnologico. 
Whoa things are defiantly different here from the CCM. Well I swear I have never been so cold in all of my life! haha! i have plenty of cloths and stuff but that dang humid air cuts right to the bone. 
The Spanish is hard. I don't understand anything that anyone says, but I'm getting there. It's because the people here just babble off and they have funny accents. My companion is Elder Garcia. I love him sooooooo much haha me and him get along so well. He has 21 months in the mission and he doesn't speak a lick of English, But him I can understand because he is from Hidalgo Mexico. He is sad about the CCM because that used to be his school.
Mom I keep doing this to you but I don't have any time. It was my first real P-Day and so I'm still learning how to do things. you'll be happy to know that I learned how to make tortillas. Its actually really really basic. I'll shoot the recipe along later. But you know it was an old mexican lady there wasn't really much of a recipe. I love you guys sooooooo much. Im starting to be able to look at the Pictures of you guys without missing home. And all of the packages and letters are sent to the mission home which you already have the address for. I live in the middle of all the music, dogs, parties, and carne asadas now so it's funny to just hear random laughing right out side the window. Your like what the heck.... but it's not normal laughing its Mexican drunk laughing. After meeting some of the Members in the ward I know that this is where I'm supposed to be. Ive had to eat some pretty sketchy stuff so far but it has all tasted really good. 
I'm going to answer all of your questions...
i'm in the Monclova Tecnologico Ward.
Companion: Elder Garcia...
Packing was stressful I literally threw up in the airport, and so did 3 other people. Not because packing specifically, but because it's the real deal now.
FREEZING COLD... but in the summer everyone keeps telling me that it's Hell.
I supposedly have the best apartment in the whole mission. It's pretty nice. It's one of the only apartments in the whole mission with hot water and a gas stove.
Im not to tall for the bed, but almost, its like a perfect fit.
I've almost been full out attacked by like 2 dogs but most of the time its because they are starving. hahaha actually there are dogs everywhere but most of them run away from the missionaries its pretty cool. We talk to everyone! we tell everyone about Jesus Christ. It's pretty cool but different than  before for sure. Its like hey heres the gospel boom. the ward has tons of members but only like 30 active members. most of our meetings the first week were with inactive members. most of them don't even know that much which is sad because they got baptized and then never came again. we are working on it!!! 
and yeah I had to talk in sacrament meeting it wasn't too bad but I tried to crack a joke and everyone just still sat there. It was pretty bad haha. Crickets the whole time. !!! haha

please share this with all and send my love!!
I love you all sooooooo  much. (keep Elder Gallardo in your prayers. he got hit by a car, broke his leg, and has to go home for 2 and a half months, we are all hoping he can return.)

(Elder Garcia & Elder Stockman) promised mom that I would learn how to make tortilla. 

No comments:

Post a Comment