Saturday, January 3, 2015

Week 3 "The Root Beer was exactly what I needed"

(excerpts from spencers letter this week)
My momma. I love you soooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ah but I feel bad because I haven't felt home sick that much. It's soooo amazing here in Mexico. I was sad the first night I was here but past that I havent been. I think about you guys but it's not sad I'm happy for this opporotunity to serve the Lord. I'm glad that you guys are hanging in there. I pray for Heavenly Father to be with you guys night and day. I know that he is answering my prayers. I'm not saying that it is going to be easy but I also know that this sacrifice doesnt go un-noticed if you know what I mean. 

I totally know what you mean by a warm Christmas! ;) haha its pretty likely that I won't have a white Christmas, but at the same time Mexicans go all out for Christmas with nativitys and lights and fireworks of corse.

Thank you soooo much for that package of root beer that is exactly what I needed. And thank you for your letter it was really cool to be able to read it and not really feel like there is a countdown or a time limit like there is in the computer lab. 

Its super wierd that I will be in Saltillo soon. I am really looking foward to leaving though because lets be honest I dont like sitting in class for 13 hours! haha... We got to go to the temple earlier today and I brought my camera this time. They have a really cool little gift shop where I got 2 like authentic Mexican backpacks. Pretty much the same as a poncho design wise. I also got a really sweet zip up tie. My district leader Elder Padilla started that trend. 

I am super excited to call home on Christmas that is going to be really special. 

So my favorite latinos left like a week ago and we finally got new ones in our apartment. They are seriously my favorite! but this time their spanish is a lot faster and its super hard to keep up with them.

I'm happy and doing good I will send pics soon


Love you Momma! 
-Elder Stockman


Crazy garbage truck. 


Just another day in Mexico.

Homes on the "B" mountian. There's a lot of people in Mexico city.

Selfie at the Mexico City Temple. We are not able to go in the Temple it is closed for renovations. We do get to go in the visitor center and spend time on the grounds. I love this Temple!
Look what I found!!! The NACHO bike. Sweet. 

Just another day in Mexico.


Our district visiting the Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment