Saturday, January 3, 2015

Week two -Reuniting with old friends

(Excerpts from letter to mom)
Momma! whew it has been a long week! I love it here so much. My district is awesome too! Elder Robbins is from Canada and we always crack eh jokes and call each other hoser. I hope I get faster at typing because I feel guilty when everybody types like an essay and I only have an hour. Pictures are really hard to send from the CCM because you can´t access any other website except myldsmail.net and you have to send the pictures one at a time. I really do love it here a ton. Thank you for the little advent thing I get excited for it every day. 

The language is actually coming really easy to me and everyone in my district hates me becuase I have to translate for them. But I think that everyone has their own personal gifts and mine is that.  I can understand everything the people say as long as they say it slow. But speaking back takes a lot longer. I cant wait until I am fluent and can express my feelings. 

We got to go to the Immigration office today and that was anothger adventure out of the wall. It took us about 2 hours to get there with 2 busses. On the way back we got to go to the temple. Whoa it is awesome! it is closed for renovation but we had a really great time at the visitors center. I thought, along with many others that we would just be going to get our visas and be coming back so i forgot my camera. Not to worry Elder Afualo had his and he took some pictures. I will try and get those to you as soon as possible. 

I was walking though the comador(cafeteria) and I heard someone calling my name. It was Billman! haha I gave him a big hug. He looked exhausted! honestly the first week and first day really sucked but once you get to take the sacrament  and have your first P-day its all good. 

Im so happy and I know I'm doing the lords work. I love you and I know that the Lord is blessing you guys while I am sacrificing this small amount of time. HE LIVES. I know that this church is true, I definately wouldn't be here if it wasn't. 

Love you!
-Elder Stockman

(excerpt from letter to dad)
I'm soo sorry I got distracted and forgot about the taco tally. I know its going to be a heart breaker but oh well I guess I have been focusing on other things. The language is not that bad actually it is coming pretty easy, but the hardest part is teaching and trying to learn how to listen to the spirit 24-7. I get lost a lot of the time but I know that because I am being obedient that the Lord will bless me.

It was really cool to be able to run into Billman! I gave him a huge hug as soon as I saw him.

So far I have seen Stephan Nielsen, Birlyn Wilden, Zach Billman, Jenny Wallace, and Courtney Taito. I think I saw Levi Norman but I could have sworn he came next week. I will have to try and find him.

So come to find out that Dec 12th (tomorrow) is like one of the biggest Mexican holidays. Its their celebration for the Virgin Mary. Ok so the other night the hill with the big "B" on it was totally on fire and our teachers said it was for the celebration. They set everything on fire and have a ton of fireworks. They set of fireworks all the time as it is, But one of my teacher Hermana Alonso said that it literally does not stop from 12:00 midnight tonight to 12:00 on saturday. It is always a fiesta haha.

I love it here so much and I'm happy. 

look up Jeremiah 4.19-21 it describes the CCM food. Not really the food is great. I truly am blessed.

 Yo se que la iglesia es verdadera. Yo se que Jesucristo es nuestro Salvador y Redentor. Yo se que el Espiritu Santo puede darnos paz y tranquilidad. Yo se que Dios tiene respuestas para nuestras oracions.

Love you so much DAD!
-Elder Stockman
Pretty great night shot. I have to say my photography skills are improving.

​I know it seems like I'm wearing the same tie in every picture we are only allowed to have our cameras on P-day. I was gone today so I'm sending more that I didnt have the opporotunity to send. I promise I'm happy. 

The "Frozen" game. We like to play.. The Latino elders are the best at it.

Our District.

-Elder Stockman" 

Another view of Mexico City. These are homes and a hospital in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment